General Assistants required NIGHT SHIFTS Location: Castle Donington, Derbyshire Contract type: Temporary Hourly rate/Salary: £10.50-£15 per hour We are currently recruiting for general assistants with...
Job title: Night Cook x4 Derbyshire
Location: Castle Donington
Contract type: contract catering - Temporary
Hourly rate/Salary: £13p/h - £16p/h
Imagine working as a chef, having a great salary and getting paid for every hour worked, along with having the flexibility of when you work for a better work life balance.
You will have the opportunity to work as a chef as much or as little as you want. You will earn great rates of pay with some enhancements at weekends and have the opportunity to work with a variety of people in a number of kitchens.
* You can start this role asap
* This role is temporary ongoing until at least September.
* You will be working night shifts from 7pm till 5am Monday to Sunday- but remember you choose your days and enhanced salaries for weekends.
* You choose your days to suit your commitments
* You choose your rota in line with the clients
* You can choose your days either 4 on 4 off or certain days of the week you choose
Key responsibilities include:
* You will be cooking for a small to large numbers
* Working in a variety of kitchens
* Supervising and managing kitchens and brigades
* Some menu planning may be required
* Offering support to aspiring chefs within the kitchen
* Ordering and managing stock control
* Following menu instructions in some locations
These responsibilities as a chef will ensure that you provide a fantastic service and contribute towards the business and the service. You will make a difference each and every day by doing what you do best and offering a great standard of food and service to the customers.
* You will have extraordinary attention to detail
* You will have knowledge of stock management and ordering
* You will enjoy working with different people
* Have the ability to work within various environments
* You will have the skills to manage small teams
* You will be able to work under pressure and work with a variety of teams
* You will enjoy being flexible and managing your own diary
* You will be qualified within professional cookery to City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or equivalent
* You will have at least 2 years background working as a chef
* You will be Chef De Partie level or above
* You will have your own chef whites and knives
* You will work the hours and days you choose
* You will be part of a fantastic team who offer ongoing support
* You will earn fantastic rates of pay
* Accrue holiday pay to be able to take a break throughout the year
* Enrolled in a company pension scheme
* Be able to manage your diary through our company app and online portal
* Gain experience through working within a variety of kitchens and teams
* Whilst these roles are flexible and ongoing, they could lead to a permanent role in the future
* You will enjoy a reward and recognition scheme that includes Superstar of the month
* You will be paid on a weekly basis and paid for every hour worked
* You will meet new people and have the chance to network
* It's really important for me to consider how I'm going to get there...
* Being able to drive and have your own transport is an advantage but not essential
* There are plenty of great transport routes available including the 24 hours skylink bus service operational 7 days a week so you can cover all shift including weekends.
* We will support you in getting to site
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Employment referencing with no gaps for at least 2 years
* DBS, criminal record check may be required for certain sites
* Proof of right to work in the UK and National Insurance details required
Click apply today. We promise to reply to every application within 7 days.