Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with the UK's leading Packaging company.Our client is part of Europe's second largest mail order...
Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with UK's leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a two IT SYSTEMS TECHNICIANS to join in their team. You would be working as key member of the IT and Telecoms department working within a busy, fast paced environment.
Please note this role is primarily based at the Derby site, but there will be a requirement to cover at the Chesterfield and Leicester sites occasionally. The successful candidates must be able to drive / have access to their own vehicle in order to be suitable.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Hours: 7:00am - 3:00pm or 11:00am - 7:00pm (on a shift pattern) and working 1 in 4 weekends. When you are working a weekend, you will have 3 days off in the week.
Please note this role includes bank holidays, or as agreed from time to time, and is also part of the 7 day a week on-call rota for IT & Telecoms Department providing cover when no other IT staff are on site.
About the Role
The IT Systems Technician role provides IT Service Operation and IT Service Improvement activities across all areas of the companies IT and Telecoms systems. The role will be primarily focused on delivering 2nd/3rd line support and operational maintenance across all technologies working closely with 3rd party partners to resolve incidents and problems.
Duties will include:
* Primarily working in 2nd / 3rd line support capacities and working closely with 3rd party partners to resolve incidents and problems, and 1st line support where necessary
* To monitor the IT infrastructure with proactive management to ensure maximum uptime of group systems.
* To diagnose and resolve technical issues within the IT Infrastructure
* To ensure Servers and End Points are patched to the required standards
* To ensure adopted Security standards are followed
* To ensure that maximum availability and access to network resources is maintained at all times.
* To identify and escalate infrastructure & operational issues/risks.
* To work and support the IT Service Desk team to pre-empt, identify and ultimately resolve infrastructure concerns/issues that will contribute to the assurance of systems availability
* To support a range of technologies including Windows (desktop and server), VMware, Linux, networking, storage, and cyber security.
* To implement and maintain technology and services to meet the operational requirements of the business.
* To travel to sites in order to provide IT & Telecoms services.
* To carry out some routine administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the IT department.
* To adhere to all processes and procedures for the delivery of secure and reliable IT & Telecoms services including Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
* To protect information assets through maintaining high levels of confidentiality, integrity and availability and to escalate in a timely manner any concerns relating to potential or actual information security breaches.
* From time to time to assist with the technical development of other IT & Telecoms Team members.
* To provide high quality customer service using wherever possible non-technical language to reduce misunderstanding.
* To contribute to the development of adequate arrangements for the operation of IT & Telecoms services. This includes reviewing documentation, preparing documentation and contributing to the development of technical solutions.
* To contribute to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing.
* To communicate with others in a sensitive and effective way and be able to respect and work well with people at all levels.
* To be aware of and abide by all policies and procedures affecting IT and Telephony services.
* Extensive experience of PC hardware, operating systems and applications software including configuration, delivery and installation of PCs, monitors, terminals, printers and peripherals
* Significant experience of working in a user support environment
* Experience of server and storage
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent verbal communication skills, specifically able to communicate technical information in simple language to end users
* Ability to communicate with people of all technical abilities
* Ability to produce high quality documentation to enhance the quality and reliability of IT services
Analytical & Judgement Skills
* Ability to problem solve
* Ability to investigate technical requirements and solutions and prepare technical feasibility ensuring compliance with standards and regulations
* Accurately follow documented procedures
* Proven experience of workload planning and delivery of key targets within a service environment
Education and Qualifications
* Technical experience equivalent to MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) in desktop / server support with evidence of continued professional development
* Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an IT related subject or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
* Good general level of education with a minimum of Mathematics and English GCSEs
The Next Stage:
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.