Blue Arrow are currently Recruiting for a Senior Hr. Professional for a well-known organisation within the Scottish government. This is a full time role...
Blue Arrow are currently Recruiting for a Senior Hr. Professional for a well-known organisation within the Scottish government.
This is a full time role at 37.5 hours a week.
Rate of Pay: £12.62 - £15.72ph depending on experience
Location: Central Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
The purpose of this role is to provide a full and effective comprehensive range of administrative support, which will enable a department to fulfil its function to a high quality standard as well as creating a support network for senior managers and colleagues.
This may include the management of projects/programmes/work streams which are relevant to your area.
You must have a comprehensive, specialised, factual and theoretical knowledge within a field of work and an awareness of the boundaries of that knowledge.
Able to use knowledge to solve problems creatively, make judgements which require analysis and interpretation, and actively contribute to service and self-development.
* Line management of staff as required. This involves day to day liaison and regular meetings to: plan and co-ordinate blocks of work; allocate responsibilities and activities; share information; offer advice and support; reallocate duties as required, and recruitment and selection processes as required.
* Support Line Manager by carrying out a supervisory role including Personal Review and Planning as delegated.
* Assist with the update, design and maintenance of relevant areas of the websites/intranet pages as required.
* Act as a conduit for all information relevant to role.
* Analyse the variety of datasets, ensuring the results are accurate, fit-for-purpose and presented to a high standard, including the interpretation of results.
* Ensure that data capture, storage and use comply with current legislation.
* Provision of pro-active administrative support, which may include literature searches and analysis and collation of research finding.
* Manage filing and storage systems; ensure that databases are up to date.
* Participate in working/project steering groups as required.
* To keep up to date with changes in legislation and organisational procedures.
* Support colleagues within the department sharing expertise where appropriate.
* Demonstrable experience of providing high level administrative support to Senior Management
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
* Experience of operating at a supervisory/senior level and working in a team delivering results.
* Advanced accurate typing skills.
* Time management skills.
* Ability to operate high degrees of tact and diplomacy at all times.
* Organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to prioritise workload.
* Ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives and deliver within tight deadlines.
* High level of written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, presentation skills and the ability to deliver training.
* Well developed interpersonal skills.
* Advanced level of IT skills, including extensive experience of using Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Negotiating and influencing skills.
* Experience of maintaining computerised records and of producing reports and statistics.
With our on line registrations and online portal finding your new role has never been easier.