Position: Sous ChefLocation: Bicester, OX25Hourly Rate: up to £28,000paType: PermanentAre you an experienced Sous Chef seeking a vibrant, fresh and exciting opportunity? Are you looking...
Managed by: Head Chef
Contract Type: Permanent full time with the Rothschild Foundation
£28,000 per annum plus a share of the discretionary service charge
Hours: A minimum of 40 hours per week, on a seven day rota to include weekends,
evenings and split shifts. Hours of work to suit the needs of the business
(exclusive of breaks).
Annual Leave: From start date, 33 days (including public holiday)
Benefits: 20 % staff discounts in our on-site Restaurant and Shops.
Matched company pension scheme up to 10% of salary.
Under the direction of the Head Chef the Sous Chef should:
* Know that all food served is of the highest possible standard.
* In conjunction with the Head Chef, select, cost and price monthly seasonal menus, and menus
for special events as directed.
* Take full responsibility for the preparation and serving of these menus. This would involve
concentrating on home production of foods, the control of portions and minimisation of waste,
and achieving the gross profit percentage set by the General Manager.
* Purchase food and materials from approved suppliers ensuring their quality at all times.
* Assist the Head Chef with the monthly food stocktake.
Assist the Head Chef to recruit, train, and motivate all kitchen staff creating a work environment
that fosters individual commitment, enthusiasm and confidence. By example encouraging
teamwork and collaborative action whilst emphasising the importance of individual
responsibility and accountability. Line management of Chef de Partie.
The Sous Chef should lead by example in "cleaning as you go". All parts of the kitchens must be
systematically cleaned, according to the schedule, and all aspects of hygiene regulations must be
complied with at all times.
The Sous Chef should oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment, notifying the Head Chef
of all breakages and equipment failures.
Ensure any kitchen staff should be trained in the use of equipment, especially potentially
dangerous equipment, and shown how to look after it so that nothing is abused, life is
prolonged, and expenditure saved.
The Sous Chef has responsibilities for assisting the Head Chef to:
* Secure any stock, equipment and premises of the kitchens.
* Ensure that every effort is made to achieve budgeted sales and operating expenditure budgets.
* Comply with the financial procedures and complete returns as instructed from time to time by
the Accounts Department or the General Manager.
* Record as necessary and as directed by the General Manager any HACCPS data, or other, to the
satisfaction of the General Manager and the EHO.
This list is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required by the management team.
Skills and Experience:-
* Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service in a quick service environment
* Proven track record of delivering the food & beverage offer and achieving performance targets
* Experience of delivering a menu to a consistently high standard
* Experience of working cooperatively as part of a food & beverage, hotel or banqueting team
* Understanding budget management, increasing income and controlling costs
* Experience of stock and waste management
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Numerate, with attention to detail
* Working knowledge of health & safety
* Must enjoy working as part of a team, with strong people skills to support team engagement
* Ideally with a minimum of two years' experience in a similar position, preferably in a hotel and banqueting environment.
* Line management experience
* Intermediate Food & Hygiene Certificate or equivalent