Warehouse Operative Alfreton, Riddings Temporary Ongoing Possibility to lead permanent for the right candidate The Role:Blue Arrow are working in partnership with a reputable business...
Warehouse Operatives Packers
Pay rate: £9.00p/h
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives for one of the Derbyshire regions most reputable and established companies. This client is based in Alfreton, therefore would require you to have access to your own transport or live in a local area to Alfreton.
Our client is responsible for providing goods and services to thousands of customers throughout the UK, due to their continued growth and expanding customer base, they need a team that are able to help them through the demanding orders.
This is a temporary position - however if you pass your trial there will be an opportunity to be put forward for the temporary to permanent position.
The Job Role:
This role requires you to be flexible as you will not always be working in the same location of the warehouse, as there are constant demands in different areas. Those areas are ranging from packing, order picking, general cleaning, stock takes and stock replenishment.
Also, this position does require you to have some computer knowledge and skills, as you will be required to print off stock order sheets and labels, enter numeric numbers into order sheets, then pick the items and package the products. In addition to this, you will be required to label boxes, and load and unload boxes onto Lorries and containers.
A lot of the role will be repetitive however you will need to be flexible in the role you do as training is offered on each section, as they require flexible candidates, to work all areas and follow instruction and simple methods.
For the right candidate this role can offer a temporary on going work after successfully passing trial period. If you are successful happy with the positon and working environment, the client will take people on to temporary to permanent basis, which gives you an opportunity to get a permanent contract after 13 weeks. Our client is looking to meet with candidates as soon as possible. Please be advised you must have an up to date CV to be sent to the client in regards to the temporary to permanent positions
The working hours:
The working hours will be starting on Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm, but flexibility is a must as this can be change to varied shifts of 6am till 2pm or 6am till 6pm. There may be a need to work weekends too so flexibility is a must.
If you have a car and are flexible with travel - great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available. However you must have flexibility in this due to the locations and shift times. Our Client is based in the South Normanton areas of Alfreton, located close by clover nook industrial estate just off the A38
Main Duties include:
- General Warehouse Duties
- Picking and packing orders
- Usage of computers and IT skills
- Labelling and wrapping of products
- Loading goods onto vehicles
- Checking stock
- Manual handling
- Packaging the product for distribution
Why you should apply:
- Fantastic company to work for
- Chance for overtime when worked more than 37.5 hours per week!
- Great rates of pay starting at £9p/h
- Holiday entitlement
- Access to high street discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Up to 33 days holiday after successful period of time
- On site car parking
- Brand new and modern on site canteen.
- Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
- Dedicated consultant
- Blue Arrow uniform
- Weekly pay
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience within the warehouse environment
- Hardworking and reliable
- Safety boots
- Able to work on a temporary assignment, happy to work flexible shifts. I.E. weekends long days if needed
- Live and work to company values
- Must be able to get to Alfreton
- Can work within a team
- Great literacy and numeracy skills.
- Must be polite ware and friendly - essential
- Happy to work on their feet for long periods of time
- Able to start immediately
If you cannot answer yes to the above criteria, then unfortunately we would not be able to proceed with your application.
So if you are looking for your next opportunity then CLICK APPLY TODAY and we will be in touch to discuss your application.