SupervisorForeman/ForewomanPermanent role, full time £14 £16 per hour depending on experience Our Client based in Peterborough is looking for a experienced Team player to join their...
This role has been created to support our Clients growing pipeline of orders and to reflect the need to introduce dedicated individuals who are responsible for overseeing output in their respective areas of activity.
These roles will provide an exciting opportunity for Operatives with ambition to take on additional responsibility and actively lead their colleagues in the timely delivery of high-quality work.
The successful candidates will be allocated areas of responsibility, which may change from time to time. This is in the interest of making the most effective use of resources and ensuring continuous personal and professional development.
* Approach day to day work in line with the Company vision and values, taking care to deliver products that everyone involved can be proud of.
* Demonstrate a high standard of safety awareness and compliance - taking necessary action to prevent and/or record issues
* Take the lead role in planning day to day manufacturing activity, allocating tasks to colleagues as appropriate within own specific area of responsibility, ensuring that work is completed within set time frames and with minimum wastage
* Assess ongoing work to ensure instructions and processes are followed to the required specifications
* Anticipate and identify production issues and take prompt action to come up with a solution - consulting with the Factory Supervisor, managers and colleagues as appropriate
* Identify and propose initiatives for improvement in efficiencies and cost-effectiveness
* Communicate openly to promote a culture of continuous improvement and develop the capability across the team
* Collaborate with colleagues to reinforce a strong collective team effort
* Contribute to Quality reports as required
* Demonstrates strong woodworking and relevant technical aptitude with a keen interest in continuous development
* Puts safety first and role models awareness and compliance
* Is self-motivated with the ability to objectively assess own and others' work to ensure that it reaches required quality standards
* Encourages collaborative working and inclusiveness in all aspects of work
* Can communicate effectively and provide clear work instructions in spoken and written English
* Maintains a calm and considered approach when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Is IT literate and able to confidently use Microsoft Office
* Can evidence considerable experience of working at an Operative level or above within the construction/woodworking industry
* A working knowledge of the timber and steel framed construction process
* Experienced in safe use of hand tools, air pressure tools, various saws, drills and pneumatic equipment
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Company policies, Regulatory and Industry best practice
* Has contributed to organisational processes and procedures
* Has previously held responsibility for coaching and/or training others in aspects of the construction or manufacturing process
* FLT Counterbalance License holder
* Cranage knowledge and experience
* First Aid trained
* Holds GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths