Blue Arrow Derby are currently looking to recruit a part time administrator on a temporary on-going basis for our fantastic client based near Derby City...
Senior Administrators (Part-Time) - Temporary - Derby City Centre
Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with Derby's largest Education provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number of temporary senior administrators to support on a part-time basis within one of the sites departments. You would be working as key member of the team within a busy, fast paced environment.
Please note these are temporary positions starting as soon as possible until the 28th June. There is a possibility these positions may be extended further. Candidates should ideally be immediately available or have short notice periods.
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and support within a great organisation, where other working opportunities may also be available. This would suit individual's looking for either temporary or immediate work to either suit short term commitments, or as a chance for longer term employment.
On-site parking is available, and there are also canteens and other on-site facilities available.
Pay Rate: £9.83 - £10.47 p/h
Hours: 18.5 per week
No set work pattern but will need to support covering the service hours Monday to Thursday between the hours of 0830-1900 and Friday 0830-1700
Located just outside of Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as you can also use the client's bus services free of charge which run every 10 minutes, including services to and from the Derby bus and train station. There are also alternative bus stops just outside the site.
About the Role
To provide academic administration across a range of programmes giving advice, information, guidance and professional support services to students and programme teams for Placements.
Essential Skills / Qualifications & Criteria
- Good judgement of situations and people and the ability to respond appropriately
- Ability to take a professional approach and work on own initiative
- Confident to demonstrate digital competency across a range of technologies, e.g. Microsoft Office
- Awareness of data protection requirements
- Systematic and organised to manage competing priorities
- Numerical and analytical abilities
Desirable Qualifications / Skills & Criteria
- Customer Service Qualifications
- NVQ (3 or 4) in Information Advice and Guidance
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent significant work based experience
- IT qualification or equivalent significant work based experience
- Experience of working in the Higher Education sector
- Ability to assimilate written and verbal information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Minute taking skills
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.