Blue Arrow, the recruitment agency are looking to increase their pool of agency chefs! We have full time and part time work availableWeekday, weekend and...
SOUS CHEF - CIRCA £24000(DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) - MILTON KEYNES
HOURS 12.30PM - 9.00PM 5 DAYS OUT OF 7 ON A ROTA BASIS
Blue Arrow are recruiting on behalf of a leading music organisation that plays host to National Conferences as well as producing the biennial IF: Milton Keynes International Festival.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This would suit someone with experience as Chef De Partie or possibly Junior Chef de Partie level who is looking for a role with greater involvement in the day-to-day running of a small but busy catering operation.
There is an opportunity for training to enable the right candidate to fulfil the role successfully.
* To adhere to rules and best practice of Hygiene, Health and Safety in compliance with all current legislation relevant to Food and Catering Industry
* Preparation and cooking of dishes for service to a consistently high standard
* Supervision/on the job training of other relief chefs or kitchen assistants providing help and support as required
* Place orders with suppliers as required ensuring stock is kept to an optimum level
* To check in deliveries ensuring correct items and quantities are delivered and delivery temperatures are recorded. Report any discrepancies or quality issues and rectify any problems
* To support the Head Chef in menu planning, monitoring and sourcing suppliers, creating recipes, costing and ensuring the operation is run cost effectively
* To communicate effectively with customers, staff and volunteers maintaining a polite and helpful manner at all times
* To undertake any other duties or training as required
* Practical experience of working a café, restaurant or pub kitchen
* City and Guilds Level 2/3 or equivalent
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative under pressure
* Ability to keep calm under pressure
* Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and progress
* Ability to lift and move supplies
* Flexible - evening and weekend work will be required