Junior Sous Chef £21,000-£22,000 - Winchester City Centre - Gastro Pub/Restaurant The role: A fresh food Pub/Restaurant in Winchester City Centre. Recruiting for...
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to oversee the operation of a busy kitchen that at peak delivers 450 meals a day, coordinate the work of sous chefs and other cooks. Previous experience in bulk cooking is essential.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Design the menu, review food and beverage purchases
- When needed, to provide training for other staff cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Business skills: administrative tasks, such as accounting and personnel management, and be able to manage a restaurant efficiently and profitably.
- Communication skills: must be able to communicate their orders clearly and effectively to staff.
- Creativity: must be creative in order to develop and prepare interesting and innovative recipes. They should be able to use various ingredients to create appealing meals for their customers.
- Dexterity: needs excellent manual dexterity, including proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
- Leadership skills: must have the ability to motivate kitchen staff and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with them.
- Sense of taste and smell: must have a keen sense of taste and smell, to inspect food quality and to design meals that their customers enjoy.
- Time-management skills: must efficiently manage their time and the time of their staff. They must ensure that meals are prepared and that customers are served on time, especially during busy hours.
- Pay rate is £15.00 p/h plus a free room next to the location with a fantastic view over the ocean
- This assignment starts ASAP and will last into the season is over which is mid to late September.
- You will be expect to work between 45 to 50 hours per week.
Please note that the successful applicant can be based anywhere in the UK but would be expected to pay their own expenses to get to the Isle of Wight.
If you are interested please submit your CV to this advert and our chef consultants will be in touch with your shortly. Alternatively you can call our office on 02380 330012 quoting as a reference 'IOW Head Chef Live In Job' .