Cook - Care Home - Thirsk £9.60p/hr Work/life balance! A Cook is required for a Care Home in Thirsk. The successful candidate will be responsible for...
Cook - Care Home - Thirsk - £9.60p/hr - Work/life balance!
A Cook is required for a Care Home in Thirsk. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the assistant cook and will also be in regular contact with outside suppliers when organising and ordering food produce for the home. Good communication and a courteous manner are needed. Daytime hours of 8.00am - 5.00pm, 3 shifts on 3 shifts off, an average of 28.88 hours a week.
Cook (Thirsk) responsibilities:
· To plan, prepare and cook a variety of meals which are appealing, nutritious and centre around residents' preferences, requests or any special dietary requirements.
· To be active and encouraging, provide advice and guidance for the team ensuring that The Care Home is a friendly, supportive working environment.
· To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, ensuring a safe environment within the home.
· Implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules that meet the requirements of the HACCP Manual, and ensure that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean. This will include the washing up of pots, pans and dishes when required.
· Ensure sufficient food stocks are ordered and received from approved suppliers and that stock rotation is taking place to maintain optimum freshness of all food stuff ensuring the highest quality expected within The Care Home.
· Responsible for all kitchen equipment - ensuring it is in full, safe working order, reporting any damage or faults to the Caretaker and Home Manager and following up any appropriate action.
To be understanding towards residents and their needs and attend resident/relative meetings. Regularly monitor and assess resident's satisfaction with the catering service provided in their home, and respond accordingly and positively to ideas and feedback.
Cook (Thirsk) requirements:
Previous experience of catering for a minimum of 25 covers (dependent on size of home)
Good numeric and literacy skills and budgeting/accountancy skills
Basic food hygiene certificate
Cook (Thirsk) The reward:
Evenings and some weekends off!
An hourly rate of £9.60p/hr
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.