Our client is a top quality, private school based in Kingham Oxfordshire We are looking to recruit an outstanding, Head Chef who has a real passion...
Head Chef Needed:
This is to work in a Care home in Wimbledon:
* Experience in fine dinning
* Available immediately
* Contactable references for at least the last 6 months.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring that resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
2. Meet with residents and Heads of Departments to discuss and agree catering functions across the home, at all times meeting the special needs or dietary requirements of residents. This must include knowledge of cultural and religious preferences.
3. Working closely and meeting regularly with the Dementia Care Manager and Care Services Manager to ensure appropriate provisions and ensure this is in line with the Dementia Dining Experience.
4. Develop and review the menu on a regular basis with acknowledgement to seasonal changes in supplies, sourcing through the Groups Procurement Processes. Ensure all legislative guidelines are met.
5. Ensure provision of cost-effective, chargeable services for residents, e.g. wakes, birthdays etc.
6. Monitor performance of suppliers' quality and pricing feeding back to procurement and/or the General Manager.
7. Support cost-effective stock control systems and ensure these are in place to minimise waste.
8. Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times, in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations and relevant food safety management system in place.
9. Ensure safe operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment. Reporting any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe from use and report it to the General Manager.
10. Ensure the management and implementation of safe working procedures and practices in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
11. Assist the General Manager in the resolution of any complaints concerning the catering service.
12. Work alongside the Restaurant Manager ensuring that an efficient catering service operates in all catering areas.
13. The Head Chef will actively participate in events held in the Signature home, liaising with the Care Services Manager and Activities Manager to ensure nutrition and hydration needs are met, as well as social aspects of such events.
14. Attend and participate in a monthly food forum.
15. The Head Chef will comply with the HR policies and procedures, providing a role model for departmental staff.
16. Attend initial and update mandatory training as required. Actively engage in personal professional supervision including quarterly one-to-one meetings and a yearly performance review, ensuring personal professional knowledge and competency is maintained.
17. The Head Chef may be asked to participate in the delivery of staff induction and mandatory training as agreed with the General Manager.
18. Carry out seasonal menu planning in line with group requirements and share meal plans with the Group Food and Beverage Manager to allow for the efficient procurement and sharing of best practice.
Skills and Knowledge
"h Appropriate supervisory experience and relevant qualifications pertaining to the safe delivery of Food & Hygiene or Catering Services. Minimum Level 3 in Catering or equivalent QCF qualification
"h Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
"h Full clean driving license.
"h Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable.
"h Ability to organise and prioritise workload, and work under pressure.
"h Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills.
"h Reasonable access outside working hours in emergency situations.