Excellent opportunity in our Guildford, Surrey branch for an Administrator to support our Recruitment Consultant teams. If you are looking to develop your skills and experience within administration, working within a recruitment...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hotel Operations Manager in this 4 Silver Star deluxe hotel near Guildford. A successful Operations Manager must have previous experience in the role, and have good knowledge of working in the Hotel/F&B industry. The Hotel has a 2 Rosette Restaurant and has state of the art Conference and Banqueting facilities hosting many different events including weddings, private parties and corporate functions.
The main responsibilities of the role is to be effective and efficient in the operational running of the hotel, whilst maintaining standards and practices and developing new procedures as well as adhering to company and statutory regulations.
You will need to be highly motivated and confident enough in your own abilities to work in an environment where exceeding the expectations of our customers is the minimum requirement.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead from the front and be a strong, credible leader with a very hands-on management style.
- Deputising in the absence of the General Manager.
- Contributing to the success of the hotel by ensuring that the guest standards of product are maintained and delivered at all times whilst maximising profitability in line with budget.
- Create an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Monitor the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiate corrective action.
- Help to establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labour regulations.
- Ensure good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Implement and maintain effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
- Manage the performance of Departmental Managers through business planning and objective setting.
- Involve the team in developing and implementing new service and revenue initiatives thus instilling a sense of ownership.
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecasting reports whereby ensuring that accurate forecasts are maintained.
- Ensure that Health & Safety and EHO standards are being operated and delivered consistently within the hotels departments - monitor and evaluate regularly.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Providing effective support and management to all Heads of Department.
- Carry out systematic checks of the hotel for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring these are reported to the Maintenance Manager.
- Actively encourage and manage the development of management through appraisal, review meetings, etc. to deliver the business objectives.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources in the recruitment of staff for the Hotel.
- Undertake Duty Management shifts as required and all associated tasks.
ACT NOW: To apply for this role simply click the 'Apply´ button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.