Job Role - catering assistant Job Type - temporary to permanent Location - Woking Date and time / Monday - Fridays part time 11.00 - 19.00...
Job title: food service assistant
Contract type: ongoing work
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Blue Arrow Derby are looking for a bubbly out going food service assistant to support our client within the Burnaston area of Derby, our client is located just off the A38. Do you have previous experience of working within a large contract catering environment? How does working Monday to Friday day time shifts sound?
As this is a customer facing role, this particular client is looking for a food service assistant who can deliver a great customer experience. You will be working on a temporary ongoing basis. Your main responsibilities will be preparing and serving food, serving customers in there on site staff canteen areas, helping and supporting with other duties i.e. pot washing, and clearing tables in the restaurant areas.
This position is available to start immediately. Shift times will be from 8am till 2pm Monday to Friday with weekends off! A full UK driving license is essential, due to the location and lack of transport.
For the right candidate this can offer a temporary to permanent placement. This role will offer a minimum of 30 hours a week, with the chance for overtime, day time shifts, bank holidays and weekends off.
- Temporary to Permanent placement (permanent placement for the right candidate!)
- You will work a minimum of 30 hours a week Monday to Friday
- Adhere to Health & Safety Laws
- located just off the A38
- Working with fresh food
- Bank holidays paid at double time when needed
- Free on-site parking
- Training and Development
- Bank holidays paid at double time (when needed.)
- Large recognised company
- Great company
- Bank holidays off
- Weekends off
- The ideal candidate must be able to drive and have access to their own vehicle, due to lack of transport areas
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
- Serving customers with the highest of standards
- Operating a till
- Cash handling
- To ensure excellent standards and service
- cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of excellence
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
- Minimising wastage
- Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Assisting the head chef
- Excellent attention to detail
- Vibrant, bubbly and outgoing character
- Highly motivated
- Great personality as it is a customer facing role
- Takes pride in the accuracy of their work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Level 1 food safety and health and hygiene preferred however we can offer this.
- Previous experience as a food service assistant within a large contract catering site, and cash handling and operation of a the till
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm
If this is something you are looking for then please do give us a call and ask for Nikita.