Are you an enthusiastic individual with experience in School Catering?. We are seeking for a Chef Manager to work for a School in Coulsdon area...
£25 - £28k + tips
Based near Guildford, Surrey
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a creative pastry chef at a prestigious independent restaurant near Guildford.
The restaurant is well known in the area, having gained multiple awards for cooking fresh, locally sourced ingredients to a high standard. Their team are very tight knit and have all got great longevity within the restaurant, meaning you will be joining a very strong, ambitious group of chefs. There is a lot of opportunity to use your flair and develop in the long term.
You'll be the standalone pastry chef, heading up your section in this small restaurant, you'll cater for around 400 covers per week, as well as doing a bit of work on the cold section during prep, but the bulk of your work will be on pastry.
Shifts are straight, working 40 - 45 hours per week (9.30 - 5/ 2 - 10/ 3 - 10). This offers a great work/life balance while still having the prestige and flair of working in a high end restaurant. This really is a fantastic place to work, with a very happy and creative team!
Ideally you'll need to drive or live in the area to get to this restaurant.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Pastry Chef (Near Guildford, Surrey):
- Runt he pastry section, with guidance from the Chef Proprietor
- Also do the cold section prep (about 10% of your time will be dedicated to this, the rest is solely pastry)
- Cooking and preparation of high quality meals in an intimate setting
- Using your creativity and flair to come up with new desserts and pastries
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food.
What you need to be successful in the Pastry Chef role (Near Guildford, Surrey):
- Confidence in your ability
- Excellent communication and able to work as part of a team
- Great time management - pastry is an art that requires good precision. This kitchen isn't your typical 'loud' kitchen so you'll need to manage your own time effectively.
- Passionate personality that will reflect in your food and your team members
Rewards and Benefits of the Head Chef role (Near Guildford, Surrey):
- Straight shifts
- No more than 40 hours
- Control of your own pastry section
- Great salary and tips
- Work for a very prestigious restaurant
- Great flexibility as its independently run
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.