Role purpose To support the solid surface fabricators with processing material and assembling solid surface products in a time efficient and safe manner, working collaboratively...
Main duties of Manufacturing Foreman role-
- Sheet Metal Manufacturing experience
- Ability to work in all areas of production,
- Ability to control and prioritise all areas of production
- Setting up machines for different skilled workers to run
- Managing the workforce including motivation/discipline
- Problem solving skills, ability to think on the go
- Report to office management
- Train and motivate workforce to be the best they can be
- Manage working hours and overtime in line with budget
Key responsibilities of Manufacturing Foreman
- General day to day running of all shop floor schedules in fabrication and manufacturing.
- Liaise with key departments regarding production lists and schedules.
- To oversee all personnel on the shop floor (maintain staff levels in all areas and plan around annual leave).
- Training of staff and apprentices.
- To train and advise staff on improving manufacturing techniques.
- To advise and maintain sufficient stock levels to meet order requirements.
- Maintain the efficient running of products from drawings phase to finished goods.
- All WIP and finished goods to be checked and inspected for quality issues during processes.
- To advise and document safe working procedures and processes.
- To advise on health and safety matters arising in the working environment.
- To implement new processes/production sheets/paperwork for both fabrication and manufacturing departments after discussion with Directors.
- To submit reports to Directors outlining staff, plant and H&S issues on the shop floor.
- To organise monthly reports on stock movement and delegate stock takes.
- To undertake various training courses.
- To be part of continuous improvement of quality processes.
- To help maintain and improve communication with Director/Office staff where required.
You will be an experienced Foreman/Supervisor, comfortable managing a team and identifying areas in need of improvement. The ability to work with senior staff is essential in this role
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 40 hours a week salary is 30K + depending on experience, this Manufacturing Foreman role in Letchworth is being offered as a permanent position
If you feel you have the right skills and experience needed for this Manufacturing Foreman role in Letchworth, then please apply today