Key Account Manager We are working with our client, based in North Hertfordshire to recruit an experience |Key Account manager to work on a high...
We are working with our client, based in North Hertfordshire to recruit an experience |Key Account manager to work on a high profile account within their business. Based one day a week in North Herts site and one day a week in their site in the Midlands this is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a world class business.
Main Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the commercial relationship with your client
- Develop the appropriate technical and commercial strategy to maintain the current share or business direction by fostering a strong partnership between the company and your client
- Coordinate the growth of the account considering the clients requirements and the companies considerations such as complexity, capacity constraints, product introduction timing and TVM opportunities
- Ensure support given to the client is Best in Class with due consideration of the companies resource constraints
- Develop and implement ROA improvement opportunities, working closely with technology development and application teams to utilise the close partnership thus adopting optimised products matched to the accounts requirements. Also through maintaining or improving terms and business processes.
- Formulation and submission of approved commercial offers in response to competitive bids
- Working with the Client account team and other company departments to ensure a smooth introduction of new products with respect to timing, quality requirements and documentation
- Develop and manage all pricing strategies along with quotation and productivity submissions
- Support global considerations in relation to the account, in particular the growth of the client's joint venture in China.
- Manage all direct communication with the client relating to sensitive supply, quality and logistical challenges.
- Short, medium and long term sales forecast and annual budget
- Ensuring the clients prototype sample order book is managed appropriately and effectively.
- Effectively utilise the account deputy to deliver the above objectives whilst facilitating the development of appropriate skills and knowledge for their progression and further inclusion within the Sales team
- Customer Focus. Making the company and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships
- Planning and organising, multi-tasking
- Communication skills
- Building Collaborative Relationships. Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationship between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organisations to help achieve business goals
- Coaching and development of others
- Facilitating change. Identifying and supporting initiatives to improve business processes and customer interaction
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level qualification or equivalent ideally in a technical subject i.e Chemistry or Engineering
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer facing role with vehicle OEM's
- Technical competence essential as a key aspect of the job is liaising with technical contacts on complex after treatment issues
- People & Project Management
Commercial insight and experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management and coordination skills
- Proficiency in the interpretation and presentation of technical data to diverse audiences
- Demonstrable IT skills using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under customer time pressure
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years' worth of account management experience and will need to have a strong technical background, coming from Automotive / Chemical / Engineering sector
In return we can offer a very attractive salary and benefit package for the right candidate
Please note: only candidates with the necessary skills and experience can be considered for this position
If this role interest you, then please apply today