COOK Winslow- £20- £22,000 9am 6pm Hours: 40 Hours p/week Permanent Blue Arrow Milton Keynes is currently recruiting for a Cook with minimum 1 years'...
To manage all aspects of the nursery kitchen to the highest standards, in line with legislation requirements.
To plan, organise, cook and prepare a healthy balanced diet for all the children.
To ensure that all food hygiene procedures and kitchen duties follow the environmental health - safer food better business guidelines.
Engaging with the children for cooking and food activities.
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Understand and comply with nursery policies and procedures.
• Order adequate supplies keeping to the agreed budget for the following weeks menu, taking delivery of goods, and ensuring that correct temperature is maintained; ensure that all foods are stored correctly complying with stock rotation.
• Co-ordinate the preparation and serving of breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks for all children; ensuring a varied and interesting diet is prepared for all children giving due regard to differing allergies, dietary requirements and cultural and religious needs
• To be aware of Special Dietary Needs - referring to food allergies, food intolerances, cultural and religious needs, vegetarian requirements and any other, according to the Special Dietary Needs form in the kitchen.
• Ensure all children with individual dietary requirements are catered for and their food is clearly labelled so the children are served the correct food at all times.
• To follow standard food hygiene procedures e.g. food temperature checks and monitoring (recording this daily) and infection/cross contamination control procedures.
• Ensure a high level of hygiene and cleanliness is observed at all times, following a rota which covers all kitchen appliances, utensils, work surfaces and cupboards
• Complete kitchen risk assessments and checks and the corresponding daily and weekly records and documentation.
• Have clear knowledge of procedures to be followed in case of emergency, completing and submitting relevant paperwork
• Ensure that all security systems are fully operational and access is denied to unauthorised personnel, bringing any problems to the attention of the manager/deputy
In conjunction with the Nursery manager to have specific responsibilities for Health and Safety within the nursery as detailed in the Company's Health and Safety manual
• Ensure that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
• To have sound knowledge of and adhere to Health and Safety legislation, fire regulations and all policies and procedures, providing appropriate induction, training and ongoing support to ensure compliance.
• To give cover staff appropriate training in the kitchen procedures to ensure high standards are maintained in your absence
• To keep up to date with any food related issues which may affect the catering industry, acting on these to ensure the nursery reflects current legislation and good practice guidance
• To attend and actively participate in performance reviews, supervisions, induction and training opportunities
Working Monday to Friday you will receive good benefits package you would expect from a strong business
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a full DBS check
If you are interested in this nursery Cook role based in Hitchin, then please apply today