My client is looking for a Complaints Handler / Advisor who will be the first point of contact for customers who are dissatisfied with their...
This role would suit someone with excellent customer service and administration experience within a complaints or Banking/FS background.
Investigate and assess customer claims and complaints. To consistently provide fair outcomes for customer, including, if appropriate accurate calculation of any compensation due.
You will be responsible for carrying out the following for all cases assigned to your workload.
- Ensure all relevant information to assess and complete the claim is present and recorded accurately
- Liaise with customers and third parties to ensure full understanding of case details
- Review and evaluate all data associated with the case
- Consider findings against policies, procedures and regulations of the client and the business
- Create a full time line of events covering all aspects of the customer's claim
- Review and ensure all aspects of the customer claim have been considered in arriving at point of decision making
- Reach a decision on each element of the case as well as an overall conclusion based on policy, procedures, regulation and the case handler's expert judgement
Case Outcome & Completion:
- Compose a full customer response covering all aspects of the claim and providing a rationale for the outcome
- If required, perform redress calculation using relevant support tools and in line with client and regulatory guidelines.
Essential person criteria:
- Previous experience of working in a financial services environment
- Understanding of FS products including Investments, Pensions, Insurance
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Technical knowledge and continuing professional development relating to the products, processes and regulation in the area of work under supervision
- Numeracy and computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Attention to detail
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, excellent working hours (M-F) and company benefits.
Successful candidates will need to be available to attend an assessment centre in Glasgow on Wednesday 9th May.