* Employed role with Blue Arrow onsite
* Salaried role with basic of £29,307.00
* Overtime is required and available
* 35 hour basic week
* 20% or 30% shift allowance (double days or nights)
* Parking onsite
* Training rate applies to first 12 weeks
Skilled Aircraft Fitter
Applicants for Aircraft Fitter positions will need to have completed an engineering or aerospace apprenticeship (or military equivalent) and have the required experience as a fully trained Aircraft Fitter or similar (all documents to be produced upon application). Successful candidates will have comprehensive knowledge of structural and mechanical equipment, and the ability to work to technical drawings and manuals, while adhering to quality principles.
Description of the job
You will be working as a skilled Aircraft Fitter, in a wing build production environment.
You will be required to work as part of a team, working on any of the aircraft variant wings produced at the Broughton facility. The job requires flexibility and movement between the various working environments will be necessary.
General tasks include assembly and installation of components or assemblies, and functional testing/trouble shooting of aircraft systems.
General fitting and assembly of aircraft components, including repair of metallic and composite materials
The role will involve working in confined spaces, working at height and may be physically demanding. (Successful candidates must be able to gain access to confined spaces via elliptical access hole with maximum dimensions of 46.5cm by 26.5cm)
The successful candidates will:
• Have completed a recognised apprenticeship in an engineering field (Indenture or Modern Apprenticeship Certificate with NVQ Level 2, 3 & Key Skills level 2) and be qualified to City & Guilds Level 2 or BTEC ONC within a recognised engineering field
• Be self-motivated with good communication skills
• Have the ability to work alone or in a team environment
• Embrace continuous improvement processes and other initiatives of our client
• Have high regard for and understanding of Health & Safety, ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the relevant risk assessments and PPE assessments.
Site: Broughton, Flintshire
Skilled training rate (first 12 weeks): £20,514 per annum
Skilled full annual salary: £29,307 per annum
Working Time: 35 Hours / Week (Various shifts)
Contract: PAYE only
If you are interested please feel free to apply online.