Fixed Term Contract Full Time Are you a Graduate looking for experience within a scientific field? We're currently seeking Laboratory Assistants (experience not essential)...
Fixed Term Contract - Full Time
Are you a Graduate looking for experience within a scientific field?
We're currently seeking Laboratory Assistants (experience not essential) to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme in Bracknell, Berkshire.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
This opportunity for Laboratory Assistants requires individuals with the right mindset to support the smooth running of the laboratory.
The role is to work within our Specimen reception which involves
- Handling/receipting COVID samples coming into the laboratory from our logistics centre.
- Booking samples into the laboratory computer system
- Processing samples though the oven processes and racking samples ready to be de-swabbed
- De swabbing samples prior to analysis
- Handling samples to and from the lab
This role requires the following skills:
- Able to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to follow laboratory H&S practice
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to write clearly
- Possess basic IT skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to undertake a support role
- Able to follow written instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to respond to direction
- Observant of detail, ability to make basic judgement decisions
- Ability to prioritise tasks and organise daily work
- Confidence within parameters of role
- Good standard of general education GCSE maths or English (or equivalent).
As well as a competitive basic rate of pay £19,581 to £20,952 per annmum (dependent on experience), you will also receive an pay uplift of 43% for each shift on Saturday (midnight to midnight) and any week day after 8 pm and before 6 am. You will also receive an 85% uplift for any Sundays or Bank Holidays. This would take the salary to circa £25k per annum.
This role works on a shift pattern of 8am-8pm days and 8pm-8am nights.
Shift pattern is 2 blocks of days then 2 blocks of nights, each block is three days. 3days on 3 days off.
N= night, C= Core/day , O = off.
C, C, C / O,O,O / C,C,C / O,O,O
N,N,N / O,O,O / N,N,N / O,O,O then repeats.
You'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment during induction.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.