Blue Arrow urgently require an experienced Quality Manager for their client in Liverpool. Job Title: Quality Manager Reporting to: Operations Director Key Responsibilities: Responsible for the up keep and promotion of...
|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
| || |
|Reporting to:||Operations Director|
| || |
|Key Responsibilities:||Responsible for the up keep and promotion of all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the organisation interacting with 3rd party auditors, customers and suppliers on quality improvement and ensuring the quality of all products and services provided |
- With Operations Director, set and deliver the quality policy and objectives.
- Lead and Manage the Quality Team and the business ensuring it operates in line with company policy and procedures. Drive cross-functional team working across the business.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures. Ensure effective quality controls for all aspects of the product / service conformity from PO receipt to dispatch.
- Provide technical guidance with regard to chemical processes.
- Maintain the requirements of AS9100 / ISO 14001 / NADCAP and specific customer approvals.
- Ensuring the ongoing health of the QMS through surveillance and internal audit.
- Interface with customers / suppliers on quality requirements.
- Lead and support all Laboratory functions and activity within the business.
- Help to determine training needs for the business. Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce
- Manage the HSE team and coordinate the HSE activities on site.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Operations Teams to ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to and to improve the quality of product, supporting MRB process to investigate all non-conformance, establishing root cause and ensuring effectiveness of any counter measures.
- Provide reports detailing the cost of quality and preventive solutions - using non-conformance reporting as basis for this.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value added activities
- Organising and leading relevant quality reviews on site as agreed with Operations Director and / or Board of Directors.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures alongside statutory requirements. Reporting any unsafe working practises / activities is essential.
- Work in a manner that will maintain compliance to compliance to the Environmental policies and procedures alongside statutory requirements. Reporting any potential environmental issues is essential.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value adding activities. Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme.
- Participate in training activity within the company.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision, supporting and maintaining good level of productivity in business.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce (through mentoring, knowledge sharing and development of standard operating procedures).
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work place and maintaining shadow boards / equipment provided.
To apply for this opportunity, please click the "apply" link on this page.