Pay Rate - £9.63 £11.13 ph Working pattern - Various shifts, days, afternoons and nightsContract - Temporary until Christmas Location - Royal Mail Atherstone CV9 1JE Benefits: Competitive salary Weekly Pay Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training...
This is an opportunity for a skilled aircraft mechanical fitter for employment at RAF Brize Norton within the Airbus Military UK Part 145 team.
• The candidate will have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
• The candidate must have a good level of education and the ability to speak and write technical English to a high standard.
• The candidate must be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
• The candidate should ideally have knowledge of the A400M aircraft, particularly its Power Plant and/or Role Equipment.
• The candidate should have experience of working closely with the UK MoD Customer on-site.
• The candidate should have experience in Continuous Improvement.
• The candidate should be flexible to be employed within a Workshop or Hangar environment with the possibility of Line Maintenance as required.
• The candidate should have the desire to develop into a Certifying Engineer.
Key Workshop Activities:
• Undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on TP400 engines in the Quick Engine Change Bay, which includes stripping and dressing of QEC's, receipt and dispatch, modifications and repairs.
Role Equipment Bay:
• Performing duties in the Role Equipment Bay that includes the provisioning of Role Equipment kits, management of assets, component inspection, test, repair and return to service of the Role Equipment. Issue a Certificate of Component Release for equipment within the Scope of approval.
• Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
Ad-hoc Aircraft Maintenance support:
• Occasional support for the Aircraft Maintenance Teams within the Hangar or Line Operation.
• Host/Manage any OEM working party activities that may be required within the Workshop.
• Support on-going improvement and expansion initiatives.
• Mentor and support new staff.
• Deputise for the Bay Supervisor in his/her absence.
You would be expected to work a 35 hour week at an hourly rate of £13.14 PAYE or £17.00 Ltd Company.
If you would like to pursue the role don't hesitate to apply.