To work as part of a payroll specific team processing payroll for numerous clients and adhering to Service Level Agreements.
The right candidate will have a good knowledge of legislation in order to produce an accurate payroll that will meet our accuracy target of 99.5%
There will be an expectation that they will improve, implement and maintain payroll procedures, introducing best practice and internal control procedures where appropriate. This includes helping out with payroll projects where there is a change to be delivered to payroll.
They will understand how to meet legislation in the process of P60's/P11D's/Shares (ESOP/SIPS/LTIPS).
Fully understand in relation to payroll how to implement the current legislation including (OpRA) and any future changes as and when they happen.
They will be responsible for the Executive payroll this includes running payroll, producing contracts and making amendments as and when required.
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines
- Able to lead and capable of working autonomously
- Aptitude to carry out validation checks and able to focus on quality and accuracy
- Work with minimum supervision, self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be well organised and have a flexible approach
- Committed to support continuous improvements
- Driven to improve and see activities through to a successful conclusion
- Work well within a team environment
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Work on Service improvement projects as required, whilst adhering to completion deadlines
- Have the ability to be a lead during both internal and external audits, which will include documentation and process preparation.
- Demonstrating behaviours that are commensurate with the payroller role such as:
- Pro activity and ownership of issues.
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- Utilising appropriate escalation routes to ensure that customer service is maintained.
Strong knowledge of payroll legislationKnowledge of PAYE, SMP, SPP, SSP, Student Loans, Pensions and other deductionsPreparation of Month end reconciliations and year end proceduresOperating computerised payroll system
Experience in a payroll position, performing all aspects of day to day payroll processingExperience of computerised payroll system SAP, would be desirableUse of Microsoft Office, especially Word and ExcelMinimum of 3 years current experience as a practising payroll practitioner.
CIPP Advanced Practitioner Certificate in Payroll or equivalent.
The hourly rate is £13.41 PAYE and you would be expected to work a 37 hour week, with the perk of having Friay afternoon off as long as your hours have been worked.
If you would like to pursue this role, don't hesitate to apply within