An exciting opportunity for an experienced HRBP to join a robust team at my client's site that specialise in the Defence and Space sector in Stevenage has...
An exciting opportunity for an experienced HRBP to join a robust team at my client's site that specialise in the Defence and Space sector in Stevenage has become vacant.
Responsible for the delivery of a full range of HR services within the framework of the HR strategy. Provide HR advice and operational support to managers and employees within a dedicated business entity. Contribute to the delivery of business objectives through appropriate and timely HR interventions. Provide support of all aspects of HR process to ensure the successful implementation of HR policies and initiatives within Airbus.
Responsibilities / Main Activities
- First point of contact for HR queries.
- Actively supports the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit including:
- Attendance management
- Employment law
- Employee relations
- Performance management
- Recruitment & headcount mastering
- Reward and recognition
- Grievance and disciplinary
- Provide managers with advice, guidance and direction on HR policies and best practice to ensure HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Deliver training to the business on HR Policies (Capability and Performance, Absence Management and EPDR) and initiatives (engagement survey) as stipulated by the HR Business Partner.
- Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring that they are fully aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Work in partnership with line management issues to ensure that all employees are performing at the required standard. Support managers implementing the Capability and Performance policy
- Support managers in disciplinary investigations and grievance hearings with the support of the HR Business Partner.
- Monitor absence rates within the business and liaise with managers, Occupational Health and employees to increase attendance in the workplace. Support implementing the Absence Management policy
- Assist line managers in the development of job descriptions for recruitment purposes. Undertake recruitment interviews and Graduate and Apprentice Assessment events. Liaise with the recruitment centre, line managers and AGPS to ensure offers are issued.
- Production of monthly Data Packs and Reports for management review meetings, format to be agreed with Senior Business Partner. Typically a Data Pack includes information on headcount, recruitment, attrition and absence along with monthly HR hot topics such as appraisals or training.
- Assist managers and employees through redeployment and redundancy process where applicable.
- Providing advice and playing a major role in implementing organizational changes.
- Delivery of the Company Induction training for all new employees.
- Conduct, monitor and evaluate exit interviews making recommendations to the HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Contribute to the company workplace culture through the promotion of the Guiding Principles.
- Undertake one off HR projects.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Ability to interpret legislation together with policy and procedure.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the Business Partner role.
- Ability to interpret business needs and objectives.
- High level of influencing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work in a transnational environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with a diverse client group and produce succinct correspondence.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and use initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Demonstrate competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to innovate, think conceptually and strongly contribute to strategy.
- Well-developed computer literacy skills within a Microsoft Office environment.
- Degree level qualification and/or CIPD or relevant experience
- Previous experience within a similar HR role
- Experience of working with Senior Management.
You would be expected to work a 37 hour week.
Hourly rate £20.79 to £25.98 Ltd Company or £16.24 to £20.30 PAYE (dependant on experience).
If yuo are interested in the role, don't hesitate to apply within.