Due to internal promotion, we are currently looking for a HR Consultant to join our team based on site in Broughton, Chester.Due to the nature...
Purpose of the Role:
- The role reports functionally and operationally to the UK Environment Manager, to help discharge accountability and responsibility for monitoring and delivering compliance with legislation and Airbus environment, health and safety (EHS) policies, codes of practice, procedures, core EHS-UK team mandates, etc.
- To prevent pollution and ensure the organisation reduces its environmental incident rates.
- To support and enable the business to ensure that it complies with legal requirements, best practice and policy regarding the environment.
- To identify potential hazards that could lead to environmental incidents and undertake risk assessments to help in setting priorities for further control and management of risks in the work environment.
- To ensure that appropriate monitoring is done and to generate quantifiable data and analysis relating to risk and compliance.
- To provide professional reports as required, for example on performance and recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable to the UK Environment Manager.
- Support the implementation of EHS UK policy for Environment Management.
- Maintain, and assist with the development of, the Environment Management System in compliance with ISO 14001or equivalent Standard.
- Ensure all Environment accidents and incidents are reported and appropriately investigated, and all necessary improvement actions recorded and tracked to completion.
- Work closely with and support the efforts of the Occupational Hygiene Manager, Attendance & Occ. Health Manager, Safety Manager and EHS Lead.
- Liase with enforcement agencies as necessary.
- Conduct periodic compliance audits and other appropriate monitoring activities
- Support business units in the UK to ensure they implement local plans to deliver Environmental policy objectives.
- Support business units in the UK to ensure they maintain Environment management system standards through effective management monitoring.
- Provide data and reports on Environment performance as required.
- Implement, and assist with the development of, a Environment training strategy that meets the needs of compliance, policy and production.
- Maintain a meeting structure to ensure effective communication and consultation with internal stakeholders, e.g. business managers, Trades Union Representatives.
- Ensure emergency response arrangements and plans are periodically reviewed to confirm emergency preparedness & response.
- Actively and conspicuously promote a positive Environment culture.
- Implement, and assist with the development of, tools and processes to support effective Environment management, compliance, data capture and reporting, etc.
- Relevant Degree.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Experience of formal risk assessment techniques; FMEA, HAZOP, etc.
- Relevant experience in engineering or manufacturing working environments.
- Considerate team player with a sense of humour.
- Clear understanding of the practical application of Environmental Management System standards.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise policy, procedures and reports.
- Good understanding of office ICT systems and software, in particular MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases, and how they can provide tools for safety management.