Help Lloyds Banking Group to become the best bank for customers by becoming one of their motivated and enthusiastic Telephony Advisors, helping customers to grow their business through assisting them with their enquiries and fulfilling their business banking needs.
Proactively supporting customers through assistance and referrals to colleagues in other departments will ensure that your customers have an excellent experience every time.
The Telephony Advisor position is a weekday job that provides flexible hours, excellent prospects and performance rewards. It is the perfect role for you if you enjoy talking people and making a real difference to someone’s day.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Telephony Advisor, your natural people skills are much more important in a role like this but also being able to demonstrate the following skills will ensure you are a great fit for this position:
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
A strong background in any of the following is advantageous
- Customer service
- Telephone support
- Call handling
In 1914 Lloyds Banking Group was at the forefront of modern day thinking, making over 2000 roles available to women throughout the war. Today Lloyds Banking Group is still committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities it serves, and to creating an inclusive workplace where all colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
If you work hard and strive to hit or exceed your targets, embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and display a keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the brand’s end to end goals you are in with a great chance of a long enjoyable career with Lloyds Banking Group.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important but we know it is not always easy. Telephony Advisors work a wide range of shifts across the core hours of 7am to 8pm but if you need to make sure your job can fit around your personal life, Lloyds Banking Group are great at being flexible, we are confident that we can identify the shift pattern that could work best for you.
Did you know that for the first 100 years of its existence, Lloyds Bank prospered from just a single Birmingham office? Today the group serves more than 25 million customers and brings together a host of well-known brands. As a Business Analyst you will be working in one of the Lloyds Banking Group contact centres in Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Glasgow or Liverpool.
All locations are supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for most sites. Many of the workplaces benefit from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use too. You can take a look at the locations in more detail here.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with Lloyds Banking Group. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process starts with CV selection, but the entire process can take a couple of weeks due to the thorough background checks and candidate screening processes that are in place to ensure the high standards you would expect are upheld. You can read more about the application process here.
Become part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference by clicking on over to our opportunities page and applying for one of the Telephony Advisor roles that we have available.
As a Telephony Advisor for Lloyds Banking Group you will benefit from the support that helps you take ownership of your own personal development and training. To find out more about the benefits of being a Lloyds Banking Group colleague here.
Telephony Advisor Role Responsibilities
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service business banking customer queries.
- Take ownership of business customer problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
- Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Lloyds Banking Group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
- Demonstrate consistently Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours.
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
- Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of business customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
If you are not sure that a Telephony Advisor role is the perfect fit then explore some of the other Lloyds Banking Group roles, we are sure you will find one that is just right for you.