This role as a Collections Advisor (Customer Care Advisor) for Lloyds Banking Group is all about customer service, sensitivity and building a rapport with the customer to assist them in managing their financial repayments.
If you are a natural people person who is great at talking, enjoys helping and can empathise with customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties, then joining the community banking team of Lloyds Banking Group may be the perfect for you.
Reporting to the Team Manager, your working day as a Collections Advisor will involve:
- Working with customers who may be facing financial difficulty.
- Making informed decisions based on the unique circumstances and information given.
- Providing suitable options for the customer and the Group.
The key to this role is empathy, sensitivity and the ability to undertake meaningful unscripted conversations to facilitate positive customer experiences and outcomes.
As a Collections Advisor you will be working in one of the Lloyds Banking Group contact centres in Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Glasgow or Liverpool. All locations are supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for most sites. Many of the workplaces benefit from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use too. You can take a look at the locations in more detail here.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Collections Advisor, your natural people skills and desire to help find the best solution for both the customer and Lloyds Banking Group are much more important in a role like this. Other skills that will make you a great fit for this position are:
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support, call handling or collections is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Collections Advisor. You will be well looked after with Lloyds Banking Group, they are a fantastic employer who are committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support, teaching you everything you need to know to settle into your role quickly.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with Lloyds Banking Group. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing colleagues into permanent positions.
If you work hard and strive to hit or exceed your targets, embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and display a keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the brand’s end to end goals, you are in with a great chance of a long enjoyable career with Lloyds Banking Group.
In 1914 Lloyds Banking Group were at the forefront of modern day thinking, making over 2,000 roles available to women throughout the war. Today Lloyds Banking Group is still committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities it serves and to creating an inclusive workplace where all colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time. You can read more about the application process here.
Become part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference by clicking on over to our opportunities page and applying for one of the Collections Advisor roles that we have available.
- To provide exceptional customer service to customers at the first point of contact involving meeting their needs in one call while seeking opportunities to extend and develop the relationship.
- Undertake meaningful unscripted conversations with customers to facilitate positive customer outcomes.
- Actively building a good rapport with customers looking to meet their needs by promoting suitable services and products.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
- Collaborate within the team to clarify facts, exchange information or resolve enquiries and issues.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Lloyds Banking Group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
- Demonstrate consistently Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all regulatory and compliance changes evidencing the ability to apply this knowledge whilst identifying customer needs.
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
- Personally contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with Lloyds Banking Group specified process and procedures.
- Provide a high-quality service to customers comprising of handling calls and undertaking a range of processing tasks.
If you are not sure that a Collections Advisor role is the perfect fit then explore some of the other Lloyds Banking Group roles, we are sure you will find one that is just right for you.