At this very high standard hotel, we are looking for enthusiastic and talented people to provide outstanding service to our guests and to ensure brand...
Are you an experienced Sous Chef looking for your next role? Looking for more of a work/life balance whilst still working in a busy kitchen... then look no further!
A well-known Health Club and Spa are currently looking for Sous Chefs to join their team. Working on straight shifts with a maximum of 2-3 evening shifts per week you will be responsible for maintaining the standards in the kitchen in the Head Chef's absence.
The site has two kitchens which offer a different style of food, one is a buffet style fresh food salad bar and cooking station which is where this role will be based. The food served from this kitchen is fresh, seasonal and they tend to work on a different theme for the food each week. You would be expected to offer up ideas for the menu and display of the food items from this kitchen and manage the team in the absence of the Head Chef.
The second kitchen serves a fresh food A la Carte Menu, salads, sandwiches and wraps to the guests visiting the spa and the member's health club lounge.
What is in it for you...?
• A great work/life balance - alternate weekends off and straight 9 hour shifts 7-4 or 13.30-22.30
• Full Access to the Spa and Health Club Facilities
• Staff uniforms
• Skills and Career Development opportunities
• Holiday allowance starting at 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Day to day running of the Kitchen in the Head Chef's absence.
- Preparation and ordering of required food stuffs for the Kitchen.
- Ensuring that food is prepared and stored in accordance with food safety laws and regulations.
- To maintain cleanliness of the Kitchen at all times
- To ensure all chefs and kitchen porters are adequately trained on the appropriate section and informed of any relevant changes
- To act as a manager in the absence of the Head chef and inform Kitchen staff of any relevant changes.
- Always act as a responsible, professional Assistant Manager with staff and guests
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Sam at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply on line
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.