Customer Service Telephony Positions available. Manchester City Centre. High Street Banking Organisation. 35 hours per week. 6 month contract.We are looking for a team of...
This role is to work around 20 hours per week, and the successful candidate would be flexible with their availability across 7 days.
Overall Responsibility of Role:
The efficient operation of the site's Switchboard and associated systems including radio/paging equipment as required. Ensuring effective communications are maintained between external and internal users of the telephone network on site.
Demonstrating at all times a professional image and efficient manner.
- Process all telephone calls received at the switchboard from external or internal users politely and promptly
- Assist any internal users with general queries or requests related to the site's telephone network
- Support internal users with general issues related to the external telephone network
- Be fully conversant with and utilise all extension and switchboard features in efficient handling of all calls and callers
- Notify the Telecoms Manager as soon as practicable of: any unresolved queries, requests for changes to user facilities, equipment failures, faults and any other information of which all operators need to be aware
- Operate the emergency telephone facilities in the event of a main system breakdown
- Understand and apply emergency procedures including major incidents, bomb alerts, and cardiac arrests and fire procedures
- To be flexible and undertake any or all of the duties identified to undergo shift changes at short notice and to undertake any requests given by the Telecommunications Manager
- Any other duties which are commensurate with the post and grading as requested by the Telecoms Manager.
Ability to work as part of a team
Good keyboard skills
Understanding of Health & Safety
Understanding of Customer Care
Ability to listen and have good verbal communication skills
Experience of dealing with the public
Good telephone manner
To act on own initiative & adapt quickly to change
To be able to get on well with people
Flexible to the area of work
Neat and Tidy appearance
Desirable but not Essential:
Previous experience of working in a customer led environment.
Previous experience of working on a PABX switchboard system