Blue Arrow are currently looking for a restaurant manager to start ASAP in a prestigious restaurant in Botley. This contract will run for around 6...
Chef - £9p/h - Evenings Off - only 1 in 3 weekends - Contract Catering - Salisbury
A global player in the contract catering industry that supply catering and facility services to various sites throughout the UK and they are currently recruiting for a chef for their site in Salisbury. This company offers excellent benefits and opportunities to progress.
Summary of Role
The Chef de partie will assist in preparation and presentation of innovative and high quality food in line with Company objectives and client requirements. As line chef, you will be responsible for assisting the Sous Chef in the kitchen in producing a great quality food service to our customers.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Support the Sous Chef as required in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures."
- Support the catering department in maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control."
- Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment are maintained.
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
Knowledge and Skills
A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Taking the initiative: Confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
Experience and Qualifications
- Certificate in Food Hygiene - however they can also put you through this training
- At least NVQ level 1 or City and guilds equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 desirable but not essential
- Level 2 Food Safety desirable however training given
- A minimum 1 years' experience in this or a similar role
This is a full time position consisting of 37.5/40 hours per week, 1 in 3 weekends.
Hourly rate of £9p/h with overtime paid for any extra hours over 37.5/40 per week.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.