URGENT CLEANERS NEEDED We are currently looking for hardworking, reliable people to overtake cleaning duties in Horsham area. If you have a previous...
Sommelier - 5* Luxury Hotel - West Sussex
Our client is a luxury hotel in Horsham, recruiting an experienced Sommelier to help lead the restaurant Teams and help to deliver the highest levels of service to all hotel guests and visitors. As the Sommelier You will recomend the sale of wines and other beverages to guests. To ensure complete guest satisfaction by delivering outstanding wine and drinks service consistently and effectively within the fine dining restaurant. The place itself is a 5* hotel with 84 rooms, as well as conference rooms, a golf course, spas, fishing and shooting venues, and an award winning restaurant.
- Ensuring own areas are properly stocked and set up ready for service
- Ensuring an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant at all times
- Supervising Commis Sommeliers
- Full knowledge of the wine list in order to assist guest with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements
- Updates to the hotel wine selections and listings
- Run any wine tasting sessions as required by the team
- Resolving any guest queries relating to wine and drink service
- Ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of all wine service equipment
- Maintain all standards as would be required in a Michelin Star restaurant
- Carry out any wine training as required by front of house team members
- Stock and inventory control
- Liaison with and management of relationships with suppliers
The Ideal Candidate....
- Previous experience as a Sommelier in a Fine Dining restaurant
- Comprehensive knowledge of world wines and beverages
- Excellent knowledge and genuine passion for food
- Exceptional customer service standards
- Experience of managing a team
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Confident, professional and welcoming
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.