Based at our client's site in Brize Norton, near Oxford, a centre of excellence in the aerospace industry, we are looking to recruit an experienced Equipment Workshop Supervisor to join the team on a contract basis.
The role of A400M Role Equipment Workshop Supervisor requires the proactive management of the day to day activities of the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145 approved role equipment workshop, ensuring equipment availability targets are met and aircraft are made available in the appropriate role for the flying task.
The person should have good aviation engineering background, good organisational skills. The role will involve meetings with RAF flight crew, having the ability to respond to last minute requirements, and possibly dealing with the DO.
A400M Role Equipment includes those items of equipment used in the aircraft cargo compartment to enable the carriage of freight, passengers and perform aerial delivery of personnel and stores.
Duties of the Role Equipment Workshop Supervisor shall include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the timely preparation and build-up of Role Equipment kits to perform A400M aircraft role change in accordance with the Aircraft Document Set (ADS) and the certification of assemblies for issue.
- Acceptance of returning unserviceable equipment, performance both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and the Release to Service of repaired items.
- Manage any working party activities that may require to be performed in the Workshop by the equipment OEM's or their representatives.
In order to perform the duties above, the Role Equipment Workshop Supervisor shall:
- Actively support all activities required to ensure the Role Equipment Workshop gains regulatory approval at the earliest opportunity and adheres to the standards required to maintain such an approval.
- Gain the necessary accreditation required to issue Certificates of Component release.
- Supervise the day to day activities of the Role Equipment Workshop and ensure prompt and accurate status reporting of all equipment to the Head of Maintenance Services or nominated representative.
- Perform manning resource to task planning and actively manage the workforce to maximise efficiency.
- Ensure all necessary Health and Safety (H & S) requirements are met and actively promote H & S in the workplace.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Services Integrator regarding all tooling, equipment and infrastructure issues, particularly ensuring all deficiencies and unserviceable items are promptly reported and replaced.
The successful candidate will be expected to work a 35 hour working week. There may be an opportunity to work overtime.
Hourly rate: £25 - £32ph Ltd Company
£19.53 - £25ph PAYE
Should you be interested in the role, don't hesitate to apply online.