Boredom at work really is just the worst. It is not uncommon, and it is not exclusive to warehouse workers, people find themselves bored in a whole range of jobs, even those you think would be interesting.
Staff who are bored feel overworked and under employed, they become distracted start making mistakes, miss important health and safety considerations and they lose focus, ultimately becoming less productive then they once were.
While none of this sounds good from the employer’s perspective it really is awful for the employee too. Who wants to be bored? Everyone would prefer to be busy, even if it is tiring buzzing around the warehouse all day, it’s got to be better than watching the clock waiting for the end of your shift when you have 9 hours still to go.
When you find yourself walking around the warehouse like a zombie because you can’t quite muster the enthusiasm to pretend to be engaged anymore, it is time you took drastic action to combat boredom and reignite your work place passion.
5 ways to combat boredom at work.
1. Read to challenge your thoughts
Read something, we don’t mean social media, try a book or a blog. Something that makes you think or challenges your views, this way you can spend your day mulling over the subject in your mind and reflecting on what you read.
Book recommendations for expanding your mind
2. Listen to expand your mind
Storytelling podcast recommendations
3. Track to challenge yourself
The top rated affordable trackers
Setting goals brings long term vision and short-term motivation to help keep you mind focused on what is important.
5. Take pride in your work to stay productive
As the zen saying goes "The way a person does one thing is the way they do everything” Take pride in all you do, do everything thoroughly and to the very best of your ability. Check out this blog post by Tobi Atkins discussing this very same approach for more insights .
If you really can’t turn it around and find a renewed sense of work satisfaction, then perhaps it is time to consider a different role.
Latest Warehouse Jobs
- Warehouse Operatives x 30 Chadderton, Greater Manchester £8.72 per Annum Find out more
- FLT REACH Drivers needed for immediate start Warrington, Cheshire £11.20 per Hour Find out more
- Cleaning Operative Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire £10.46 per Hour Find out more
- FLT Driver Leigh, Greater Manchester £11.14 per Hour Find out more
- Warehouse Operative/Counter Balance Driver Livingston, West Lothian £9 - £9.50 per Hour Find out more