Video: How to create a professional CV quickly with Blue Arrow CV Templates.
Step by step instructions for creating a CV from a template.
- Navigate to www.bluearrow.co.uk on your internet browser.
- On our main menu you will see the ‘Job Seekers’ section. Hover your mouse over this tab and select ‘Career Advice’ from the drop down menu.
- Select ‘CV Templates’ from the pink menu on the left hand side.
- Choose your preferred template from the available options and click download.
- Go to your download folder and select the CV Templates file.
- Open the word document and complete your personal information.
- Don’t forget to tailor your CV to be specific to the job.
- Elaborate on your work experience – what did you do, what did you learn, what did you struggle with.
- Always explain any employment gaps.
- Create a unique personal statement.
- Use keywords.
- Check your contact details are correct.
- Save your customised CV as a PDF by selecting export from the document menu and clicking ‘Create PDF’.
- Choose a location on your computer filing directory to save the file to. Tip: Choose somewhere easy to find again such as Desktop or My Documents.
Using your CV to apply for a job online
- Navigate once again to www.bluearrow.co.uk
- This time click on the ‘Job Seekers’ tab on the main menu.
- Read through the list or use the search function to find the perfect job for you.
- When you have found the role you are interested in, select ‘View Details”.
- After you have read the full job description and confirmed that you fulfill the necessary role requirements you can click ‘Apply’.
- Complete your personal details within the fields provided and select ‘Browse’ or ‘Choose file’ to upload your CV.
- Find the PDF file of your CV from step 7 & 8.
- Click ‘Quick Apply’. You have successfully applied for this role, you can continue to apply for other roles if you wish. In the meantime, someone will be in touch with you soon.